Building the Next AmCham Board
Board Nomination Packet
Dear AmCham Member,
There will be a full board election at the next AGM on 29 June 2021. Nomination Deadline: 20 May 2021
AmCham is a growing organization and requires committed and engaged Board members willing to give time and resources and use their influence for AmCham to continue to grow, accomplish its mission, and serve its members and the business community. We invite you to submit a nomination to the Nominating Committee – To learn more about the duties of a Board member and to make a nomination – please read the information below:
Register at the registration button to nominate another AmCham member
Nominees must be willing to perform the duties of the Board of Directors which include:
DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
1. To set and implement the policies of AmCham Bahrain.
2. To actively execute the objectives of AmCham Bahrain.
3. To promote membership and recruit new members.
4. To ensure that AmCham has the needed financial resources to accomplish its objectives, through fund raising, sponsorship, and other means.
5. To lead or serve on at least one Board Committee if and when needed.
6. To review reports submitted by committees of AmCham Bahrain and take appropriate decisions in this respect.
7. To prepare and issue notices, booklets and studies required in achieving the objectives of AmCham Bahrain.
8. To announce the vacancy of a position at AmCham Bahrain and take action to fill the vacancy.
9. To establish membership criteria, financial and all other policies by the objectives and mission of AmCham Bahrain
BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE:
AmCham Board meetings are held bi-monthly – usually the first Sunday of the month, if not a holiday, 5:00-6:30pm. AmCham Executive Committee (comprised of Board Officers) meets monthly.
12 BOARD POSITIONS TO BE FILLED:
2. Vice President
6. Individual Member Representative
7. Up to 6 Board Directors
SPECIAL PORTFOLIOS FOR BOARD MEMBERS:
- Fund Raising
- Public Relations & Social Media
- Web Resources
- Strategic Partners
THE IDEAL AMCHAM BOARD MEMBER IS:
1. Well respected senior business leader
2. Balanced between American & Bahraini companies & representatives from diverse sectors
3. Knowledgeable & connected to business & government leaders
4. Willing to work, give time & resources and seek resources / support from others (contacts, influence, funds, in-kind, guidance, etc.)
5. Willing to attend AmCham events and invite guests (both in-person and virtual events)
6. Willing to recruit new members
7. Willing to take time to understand and fulfill AmCham’s mission / vision
8. Willing to be prepared and discuss issues at Board meetings
9. Willing to lead a committee
THE NOMINATION AND ELECTION PROCESS:
1. Members will be invited to send nominations to the Nominating Committee
2. The Nominating Committee will review all nominations and select a slate to stand for election based on the criteria listed in the Constitution and ByLaws.
3. The final slate shall be sent to the members for their awareness two weeks before the AGM election.
4. The election shall take place on Tuesday 29 June 2021.
5. The election results shall be tallied and made public by the conclusion of the AGM.
6. The selection of officers shall be done by the elected Board at the first Board meeting following the AGM and will be made public within two days following.
We encourage all interested members to consider nominating themselves for the Board.Questions may be directed to Mary McGinnis at email@example.com or 3511-4696.